Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 12:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Countless Issues one after the other..
Hello All, This might be lengthy but i need help as my game is nowhere what it was like when my game was still on Origin..

So after being forced to migrate from Origin to the EA App i had an issue that some others had and that was the "Your game failed to launch" error, after trying for days to get it fixed and after countless tips and advice from people from reddit the one solution that worked for me & helped me get my game to launch was to add the EADesktop.exe and Sims3Launcher.exe to the 'Ransom ware protected folder' within the settings menu ( Start > Type in 'Ransom Ware' > Turn on Controlled folder access then > Allow app through controlled folder access > Then added mention exe files to the list.

So, that got my game up and running however i noticed that my game is WAYYY slower than usual, no mods added so nothing to bulk up my waiting time so i got to thinking - Do some mods both casual CC such as clothing and world object & Core mods such as NRass mods and things like Lazyduchess' smooth patch not work on the EA version since its a new platform? Something akin to a 1.67 mod not working with a 1.69 version of the game?

I started dabbling around with a fresh save with a premade family and i noticed things like the NRass Master Controller not working properly, For example with NRass u can 'Compact' the clothing and accessories so they dont show each version of a single piece of clothing as it saves the loading time.. despite that being turned on/set to true it's not working? i've reinstalled all of my NRass mods and they still dont work so i am at a loss for what to do..

If ANYONE can please provide some insight as to why my game is performing alot worse than it did when i was playing from Origin it would be a MASSIVE help and i would be so, so greatful as i have no idea what else to do and or try.

Thank You.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sadurino
Hello All, This might be lengthy but i need help as my game is nowhere what it was like when my game was still on Origin..

So after being forced to migrate from Origin to the EA App i had an issue that some others had and that was the "Your game failed to launch" error, after trying for days to get it fixed and after countless tips and advice from people from reddit the one solution that worked for me & helped me get my game to launch was to add the EADesktop.exe and Sims3Launcher.exe to the 'Ransom ware protected folder' within the settings menu ( Start > Type in 'Ransom Ware' > Turn on Controlled folder access then > Allow app through controlled folder access > Then added mention exe files to the list.

So, that got my game up and running however i noticed that my game is WAYYY slower than usual, no mods added so nothing to bulk up my waiting time so i got to thinking - Do some mods both casual CC such as clothing and world object & Core mods such as NRass mods and things like Lazyduchess' smooth patch not work on the EA version since its a new platform? Something akin to a 1.67 mod not working with a 1.69 version of the game?

I started dabbling around with a fresh save with a premade family and i noticed things like the NRass Master Controller not working properly, For example with NRass u can 'Compact' the clothing and accessories so they dont show each version of a single piece of clothing as it saves the loading time.. despite that being turned on/set to true it's not working? i've reinstalled all of my NRass mods and they still dont work so i am at a loss for what to do..

If ANYONE can please provide some insight as to why my game is performing alot worse than it did when i was playing from Origin it would be a MASSIVE help and i would be so, so greatful as i have no idea what else to do and or try.

Thank You.

I am all disk, so cannot comment on EA app, but... with a new game, you may need to import Nraas settings. Again, no experience with EA app, so it's possible they messed up something that screws with Nraas. You may need to post such question on Nraas, or if @Igazor shows up, he might know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I am all disk, so cannot comment on EA app, but... with a new game, you may need to import Nraas settings. Again, no experience with EA app, so it's possible they messed up something that screws with Nraas. You may need to post such question on Nraas, or if @Igazor shows up, he might know.

Ive posted once about my issues on NRass' help forum but i might try again. Would you at all know where i could possibly find second hand listing of the disc versions? Ive tried on ebay but they all seem to be digital.
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 6:03 PM
Ive posted once about my issues on NRass' help forum but i might try again. Would you at all know where i could possibly find second hand listing of the disc versions? Ive tried on ebay but they all seem to be digital.

For all disk game, all you need is preOrigin base game disk. EPs and SPs will then load to the base game, regardless of when they were made. Old disks do not say Origin anywhere on the cover... only EA. I got lucky. As I was buying to complete my TS3 collection, an old EA base game disk came with a set from Amazon. ut, it IS a crap shoot! During installation, it might ask if you wish to install some EA thing that they used at that time... just click "no". Next is "Super Patcher". Just do a search for it. It has all patches for the game up to 1.67.

FYI, as I recall, all of the Amazon disks were listed as very good, or good condition, and they were. Disks were scratch free, and only minor things on the cases. I paid between $5 USD and $15... most around $6 or $7.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 2:39 PM

There are definitely hard disc copies on eBay. I recently went and rebought all of my copies off of there. I suggest when doing a search to type in "Sims + EP", as in "Sims 3 Island Paradise" or "Sims 3 Ambitions". I don't know why but this tends to show up searches for hard copies for the base game, as opposed to just looking for the base game itself. I think it's because sellers who have the base game prefer selling them with an additional EP or two, as opposed to the Sims 3 base game all by itself. So, if you search for a Sims 3 EP, you ironically will tend to see hard copies for the base game turn up.
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
There are definitely hard disc copies on eBay. I recently went and rebought all of my copies off of there. I suggest when doing a search to type in "Sims + EP", as in "Sims 3 Island Paradise" or "Sims 3 Ambitions". I don't know why but this tends to show up searches for hard copies for the base game, as opposed to just looking for the base game itself. I think it's because sellers who have the base game prefer selling them with an additional EP or two, as opposed to the Sims 3 base game all by itself. So, if you search for a Sims 3 EP, you ironically will tend to see hard copies for the base game turn up.

I am sure there are plenty of TS3 on ebay, as on Amazon. Issue being that you can not be certain the base game disk you are buying is an older EA (not Origin) disk. THAT is a crap shoot, unless, you can contact the seller and ask specifically. Base game disk is the only one that actually matters. All EPs and SPs will install to that base game disk, regardless of them being newer Origin based. Installation is done 100% offline, and never check box for the "extras"!!! )))
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I am sure there are plenty of TS3 on ebay, as on Amazon. Issue being that you can not be certain the base game disk you are buying is an older EA (not Origin) disk. THAT is a crap shoot, unless, you can contact the seller and ask specifically. Base game disk is the only one that actually matters. All EPs and SPs will install to that base game disk, regardless of them being newer Origin based. Installation is done 100% offline, and never check box for the "extras"!!! )))

Crinrict's put out a visual guide for which of the Sims 3 discs are pre-Origin: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/...e-versions.html

eBay sellers generally will put up a photograph of the game they're putting up for sale, so it's a matter of matching the seller's photograph to one of the covers posted at Crinrict. The most common one I've seen put up on eBay is the mosaic with all the diamond-shaped portraits (labeled as Version 1), which is pre-Origin (and the one I own).
Inventor
#8 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
Crinrict's put out a visual guide for which of the Sims 3 discs are pre-Origin: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/...e-versions.html

eBay sellers generally will put up a photograph of the game they're putting up for sale, so it's a matter of matching the seller's photograph to one of the covers posted at Crinrict. The most common one I've seen put up on eBay is the mosaic with all the diamond-shaped portraits (labeled as Version 1), which is pre-Origin (and the one I own).

IF... the pic shown is accurate, what I noticed is that TS3 that has Origin does not say Origin on the front of the case. It DOES however, say "Maxis". Origin is on the back of the case (which is rarely shown as a selling point). Hopefully, the info we gave will help. )))