Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:33 PM Last edited by MHS0501 : 22nd Apr 2024 at 1:10 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Landline Phones Disappearing in Apartments
Hi all, an old problem has returned and this time I want to try and find out what's causing it.

In my game, after extensive testing, I've found that landline phone receivers disappear on apartment lots, and it seems like it happens every time the game reloads the lot. When prompting a sim to call someone on the phone, they'll walk up to the landline, and then the action will drop from their que. No error logs are generated from this problem, sims just can't call anyone or be called when they live on apartment lots. Giving everyone a cellphone is doable and works, but it's a bandaid solution and a hassle, I'd prefer to be able to use the landline.

I'd previously had this problem in another iteration of Sims on a different computer, but JellyMeduza's edited placement mod seemed to fix the problem, as apparently this is a glitch that can come from having both Lazy Duchesses' Leftovers Mod and Numenor's More Objects On OFB Shelves together, and on my old setup the problem was fixed. The problem is I never used Numenor's version of the mod in this current iteration of the game. Checking HDCU, I don't see any conflicts listed for Lazy Duchess's mod, so I'm curious about others who've experienced this bug as well and have some idea of what, if anything else, could be causing it. Removing LD's Leftover mod from my game fixes the issue, but I really like the mod and don't want to go without if I can help it.

The only mods I have that affect where objects can be placed are:
- Lamare's Shiftable Everything
- LdDarcy's Table Centerpiece Mod
- Meduza's Edit of Numenor's OFB Placement Mod, placed in in my Mansions & Garden's TSBin folder, and now my TSBin mods folder since I use LazyDuchesses RPC Launcher.

I'll keep testing with my mods in the meantime to see if I can find the offending conflict, but if anyone has any notes or experience with this bug please share below! I'd love to try and figure out if there are any other potential conflicts here.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 10:57 AM
Dizzy has a leftover hack here if you want to try a different one and see if that works. https://www.mediafire.com/?1om0zlhfztpmw59