Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 7:01 PM Last edited by chaela8 : 26th Jul 2023 at 11:10 PM.
Default Can my posebox be fixed?
Several days ago, I posted in a different section on how I could get my posebox that I just made to be used by the children in the Sims 2. Even though I was setting it up in SimPE as having children be able to use it, for some reason I can only get teens, adults and elders to do the poses. Whenever I have a child do the poses, I keep getting the error message, "Animation name is empty string." I had some other members of this site test the posebox and it works perfectly for them, even their children sims can use it, but it won't work for me, and I don't know why. Can it have something to do with the fact that I can't "Get Guid" on SimPE as the website is down and I don't know of any other way to register the posebox? Although that doesn't explain why it worked for other people. I even tried putting a different version of the Sims 2 on a different computer and that didn't do anything either. I have been at this for days and I'm running out of options. I'll post the error log here and hopefully that will tell what is going on. It only happens when I have my child sims do any of the poses in my posebox. I'll post the posebox here as well just in case anyone else wants to test it out. Please help! I'm trying to create a story and I can't do it without these poses!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Orphanageposes.zip (40.5 KB, 11 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t768.txt (29.4 KB, 13 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 8:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Jul 2023 at 9:18 PM.
One potential issue is that all the child poses seem to be locked to a "backtarget_surface" joint, at least according to the anim resources. Could be related to how you've either keyed or saved the poses. The adult poses are locked to the "auskel" joint, which is normal.

You should also give a new GUID to the posebox, or it will replace the item you cloned. This can cause problems ingame (the box tries to interact with something in the original item, for instance).
There's some info on how to do that (without using the "get guid" button) here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392

And make sure you don't have any old copies of the posebox or animation files in your game. If you have other poseboxes where the GUID hasn't been changed, that could also cause issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 9:28 PM
I’m trying to change the backtarget_surface joint in SimPE, and for some reason when I save it and commit it after setting it to auskel (cuskel), it goes right back to backtarget_surface. How do I keep it? I’m saving it like that in Milkshape.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 11:18 PM
The joint issue could likely be just a minor bug with the skeleton itself. Checked a few other poseboxes with child poses, and seems the "backtarget" joint shows in the animation files for those too.

I've had occasional issues with DrPixel's child skeleton for other reasons (mostly just minor pet-peeves), so I made a new one for myself a while back, and that one doesn't appear to have the same issue with the "backtarget" joint when exported - still, I'm assuming it's just a small glitch, since poses by other people using DrPixel's skeletons work fine.

It's more likely to be the GUID problem in your case, so try fixing that first.

Also make sure to delete your cache files (accessory.cache and groups.cache) because those can cause files in the downloads folder to glitch after editing or deleting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The joint issue could likely be just a minor bug with the skeleton itself. Checked a few other poseboxes with child poses, and seems the "backtarget" joint shows in the animation files for those too.

I've had occasional issues with DrPixel's child skeleton for other reasons (mostly just minor pet-peeves), so I made a new one for myself a while back, and that one doesn't appear to have the same issue with the "backtarget" joint when exported - still, I'm assuming it's just a small glitch, since poses by other people using DrPixel's skeletons work fine.

It's more likely to be the GUID problem in your case, so try fixing that first.

Also make sure to delete your cache files (accessory.cache and groups.cache) because those can cause files in the downloads folder to glitch after editing or deleting.

Where can I find a good tutorial on making a new child body mesh?? I tried to fix the GUID issue and that (again) didn’t work
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 1:31 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Jul 2023 at 1:47 AM.
Did you make a new GUID number, and which box did you put the new number in?
It's the box to the left of the "get GUID" line. Don't touch the boxes below.

I didn't follow a tutorial for the animation bases (doubt there is one), I just studied the existing animation bases, saw which changes were made, and then made my own with a few tweaks. You can test to see if they work better for you, although I can't promise anything.
https://simfileshare.net/download/4033975/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you make a new GUID number, and which box did you put the new number in?
It's the box to the left of the "get GUID" line. Don't touch the boxes below.

I didn't follow a tutorial for the animation bases (doubt there is one), I just studied the existing animation bases, saw which changes were made, and then made my own with a few tweaks. You can test to see if they work better for you, although I can't promise anything.
https://simfileshare.net/download/4033975/

Thanks for the file! I’ll try it out tomorrow. I did do a new GUID but that was my bad, I touched the boxes below. I’ll try it again the correct way.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 2:35 AM
To change the GUID, you make a new number for the GUID box (the one to the left of the "get GUID" line), then you can tick the "update MMAT" box (can be an idea to just make a habit of doing this when you change the GUID - this updates the GUID in the MMAT resources, if there are any), and then click "update".

There are various methods of making a new GUID. The link I posted a few posts above has a few of the ways you can make a unique one. The most important is that you don't reuse one the game is already using.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 2:55 PM
I fixed the GUID and it doesn’t conflict with the reaction tester anymore, however it’s still not working for the children. I’m wondering if it has to do with what I have for SimPE. I have the UniMesh plug-ins, and the AniMesh plug-ins. Is there anything I could be missing? Out of everything I have fixed and experimented with, that is probably the problem!
Alchemist
#10 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 3:57 PM
Try cloning the Adult Anim text list and changing the instance of the copy to 0x82.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 4:02 PM
I don't think you need anything more for the poses.

Are you still getting the exact same error as the one you poseted above, and have you changed any of the other info in the box (apart from the GUID) since posting the files?
I noticed it's calling for a different name than what seems to be in your posebox (the files above), "Consolechild2 - Start", while your BHAV is called "Consolechild2CHILD - Start".

If you've renamed the BHAVs at any point, just make sure you've removed all copies of old files of this posebox from your Downloads (or Sims 2) folder, and removed cache files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 4:16 PM
IT WORKS!!!! All I needed to do was clone the Anims - Adult folder!! YES!!! Thank you all so much!! My children can pose now!!
Alchemist
#13 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 8:08 PM
I'm glad you fixed the problem.