Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 1:07 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 17th Dec 2023 at 9:28 AM.
Default Downloads - re packs required
Previously when downloading, it would state the base game required (e.g. Sims 2) + 1 pack (or more) if they were required too.
Recently it must have changed as the base game is now considered a pack too - to me it seems a bit misleading as at first glance, it looks like the base game plus (in this example) 4 packs where in fact it was 3 packs.

I appreciate if you hover the pack info it will advise everything required and maybe there is a need to state the base game, just requesting to consider reverting back to the original way it was displayed please.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 1:24 PM
Hi there,

Yup, that's definitely a bug and should not be happening! I've gone in and removed the extra line of code that added a second base game to the list, so now it should be fixed!

Thanks for the heads up!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there,

Yup, that's definitely a bug and should not be happening! I've gone in and removed the extra line of code that added a second base game to the list, so now it should be fixed!

Thanks for the heads up!

Hello @Tashiketh
Thank you for fixing the issue and Buy Mode and Build Mode objects are displaying as expected.
I think the Lot expansion/stuff pack info is incorrect.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but when uploading Lots I don't think you tick all the expansion and stuff packs used; but if you do I would have ticked all applicable and also state the pack that the Lot was formatted in (whether this pack was used or not).
I would appreciate if you could have a look at this too.

Thank you
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 7:31 AM
I'm not sure what you are saying here. When I look at the downloads section for Lots and Housing I see many different combinations of packs - some have all packs (usually those tagged with the Ultimate Collection) and some have less.

The way packs are selected is entirely up to the creator, and hasn't changed in a long time.

Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I'm not sure what you are saying here. When I look at the downloads section for Lots and Housing I see many different combinations of packs - some have all packs (usually those tagged with the Ultimate Collection) and some have less.

The way packs are selected is entirely up to the creator, and hasn't changed in a long time.

Hello @Tashiketh
Thank you for having a look at it.
I wasn't sure if something was wrong or not and it has been a few months since I had uploaded a lot.
I am usually sparing when it comes to using expansion/stuff packs so I thought the last 2 lots I had uploaded had too many expansion/stuff packs. I have now checked and see I did use all the expansion/stuff packs that I listed - so my apologies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Tashiketh
Thank you for having a look at it.
I wasn't sure if something was wrong or not and it has been a few months since I had uploaded a lot.
I am usually sparing when it comes to using expansion/stuff packs so I thought the last 2 lots I had uploaded had too many expansion/stuff packs. I have now checked and see I did use all the expansion/stuff packs that I listed - so my apologies.

No problems! Glad I could fix the bug and thanks again for pointing it out!