Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: *As requested* Bathroom Accessories Set *update 4/25/05*

by thefuzmixman Posted 31st Mar 2005 at 8:48 AM - Updated 5th May 2005 at 2:42 PM by thefuzmixman

361 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 10:36 AM
thanks so much for the comments people...
Field Researcher
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 10:39 AM
sweeet.
Instructor
#53 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:00 AM
Just love these little touches. Thankyou very much.
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:51 AM
cute-ness
Forum Resident
#55 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 12:33 PM
Great update Fuzfixman, Thank You, they are very much appreciated, BTW your towels look fabulous in the game, love em.
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 12:55 PM
OMG... Awesome set!!

Thank you so much!!
Instructor
#57 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 12:59 PM
Sweet - more bathroom accesories!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:04 PM
awesome job!!thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:07 PM
Yes!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thefuzmixman
yea, i don't love the ones done by echo. the folds looked strange. i made mine much more subtle and realistic imo. I do however like the plentiful amount of recolors echo released which is why i give yall full permission to recolor these if you would like.

clutter is a good idea. i thought of a simple soap dish and perhaps a holder that attaches to the wall for your toothbrushes. I never did think about "real" clutter. i know my bathroom has stuff all over the counters. lol.

I love it when you guys give permission to recolor/redistribute! It means that there are far more wonderful and interesting objects out there! It's nice to have so many options.

My bathroom counter has a HUGE CD player, tons of junk (extra shampoo, still in the grocery bag, plus my husband's contact stuff, 3-4 kinds of toothpaste, out toothbrushes in an old plastic cup, plus candles and seashells covered in dust) mostly arranged in some kind of order, but still not just one item in the center of the square next to the sink! LOL

Maxis made it possible for us to put up to three flower vases on a kitchen counter, but only of a certain variety, and only with a cheat activated. I always wondered why they didn't allow a bit more overlap.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:42 PM
These are just fantastic - thank you so much!!! Can't wait for the toilet roll holder!!!! Also if you get a chance could you maybe make a double towel rail (2tiered or 2x as long?!)
Thanks once again!!
Scholar
#62 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:53 PM
These are Great! Keep up the great work! My Swims are loving your bathroom sets. It is now looking like a real bathroom! I love checking for new stuff
Scholar
#63 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 4:50 PM
very very nice - thanks so much for all of the wonderful new items.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 5:23 PM
Great job, thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 5:25 PM
What wonderful new additions! Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:18 PM
i got a pm about this so i will just post here and tell you. You're going to encounter rar files from time to time and on here, more often then not. All a rar is, is a compressed file just like winzip, but the compression is better.

Here's a direct comparison:

file A with no compression (not zipped yet) = 3,092,018 bytes
file A compressed by WinZIP = 1,390,075 bytes
file A compressed by WinRAR = 875,405 bytes

Why does any of this even matter you ask? Delphy already posted on the front page about having to add a second server specifically for attachments. In a chat i was told they get a staggering, 200,000,000 hits a month. My math is kind of shaky, but i think we could at least cut down the attachment load by almost 40%, depending also of course on picture compression too. I personally try not to upload a picture that is over 40 kb which is less then half of the upload limit, but sometimes it happens.

To open a file compressed with Winrar, go here.

Winrar:
http://www.rarlab.com

the direct download link
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar342.exe

Take care.
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sylvon
Great update Fuzfixman, Thank You, they are very much appreciated, BTW your towels look fabulous in the game, love em.

thanks so much. at this rate, i may be cranking out one a day! LOL.

xD
Field Researcher
#69 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:51 PM
Those are all great, I love them. Thank you.
Test Subject
#70 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 6:53 AM
omfg! i have bin lookin fo sumthin like diz 4eva! i cant thank u enough!!!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 9:17 AM
Nice!!! Really nice, going straight to my game! Thx for doing them and sharing!

"Sims2 is life... all the rest is just details!"
Instructor
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugaryplum24
omfg! i have bin lookin fo sumthin like diz 4eva! i cant thank u enough!!!

lol daz cew. fo shizzy... diz be fizzy gittin' straight bizzy up n tha hizzaaay.... *raises hands* :Pimp:

xD
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Galland
Nice!!! Really nice, going straight to my game! Thx for doing them and sharing!

no, thank you for thanking me. :D

xD
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 10:50 AM
I have tested in my game now and everything look beautiful. The small things (toothbrush) etc disappear when the walls are down and I would have preferred if they had stayed up. This is just a matter of taste though
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 4:55 PM
Thanks for the great accessories for the bath...what a difference it will make in decorating!!
Page 3 of 15