Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Midsimmer Night's Dream

by Magick Modders Posted 27th Oct 2005 at 12:24 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2007 at 2:22 AM by tiggerypum

587 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 563 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 24
Field Researcher
#201 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 11:59 PM
Very nice work!But cand you make the underwear more breif like
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergie_Love
Very nice work!But cand you make the underwear more breif like

Fergs... I looked at all the clothes. they could make it more breif like, but then it would not be accurate. This is remincent of the Medevil period. The only exceptions are the fact that the male pesants, are a bit over dressed. Many were lucky to have a full set of clothes, let alone underthings. Many believe that this was the age of conservatism in dress, but that was not the case.

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
#203 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:10 AM
Thanks so much! I have been playing medival sims for a while, so they will thinks it's almost Christmas with all this new stuff! LOL
Kendra
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:48 AM
Actually, underwear was very rare! LOL!

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#205 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 6:43 AM
Underwear was rare, but as some people don't want to have nude sims running about in the game, and the game uses the underwear/swim - we included something so that there wouldn't be a really disruptive change to modern instead. I know the girls still need swimwear - I've got something, but it's not done yet... sorry. Too many projects, too little time to sim.
#206 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 8:04 PM
absolutely beautiful!!
#207 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 6:58 AM
I downloaded everything that is on this page .Thanks a million
Test Subject
#208 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 4:15 PM
Ooooh, first: many thanks for the great stuff.

But, I have a problem with the lumpy robe mesh from betty. I've three version on my computer:

- One Mesh from 20th sept, this one comes with the arabic robe in black
- One Mesh from 20th oct, this one comes with the robe for lower class women (FA and FE dresses)
- One Mesh from 26th oct, this one comes with the nuns robe

Well, when using the "arabic" one, the midsummers clothes have a hole in the back!! And, when using the mesh coming with the nuns robe, the arabic dress not really looks good!

I hope, you understand what I mean. Can you help me finding the right mesh to use all the clothes?? The women in my arabic harem want to wear some more colorful clothes...
Test Subject
#209 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 7:39 PM
Fantastic! Now I can do my Wicca Sim thingy.

Some people are like Slinkies, they have no apparent useful function but always manage to bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.
Field Researcher
#210 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 11:14 PM
These outfits are really nice but a word to the skinners, pick out what category you want the outfit in and make it that one only. I am sick of seeing everyday clothes in swimwear and gym.
Test Subject
#211 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by themaltesebippy
These outfits are really nice but a word to the skinners, pick out what category you want the outfit in and make it that one only. I am sick of seeing everyday clothes in swimwear and gym.

I disagree! I like it because it means that if I've only got one medieval outfit and I want my character always to wear medieval I don't have to compromise just because there's nothing that looks medieval. Not to mention if we're being historically correct, peasants aren't going to change there clothes to go for a jog.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#212 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 12:50 AM
We did not blindly categorize the clothing in this set. One of the goals we had was to create a complete collection of clothing - which is more than many of the other medieval/fantasy sets have done. The clothing was categorized in the various categories it is to give you (and us!) an opportunity to have a fully functioning neighborhood without sudden changes to modern clothing.

Let's look at the gym clothing, most actually likely would *not* have changed clothing. The idea of special workout wear is fairly modern. And as it's available, you can have your nobility dress down a bit if you do think they should change.

And swim/undies - we offered an alternative for folks who didn't want to have their sims au natural - as would actually be appropriate. If you wish to design a better swimsuit that you think fits, I'd be delighted.

As for formal - especially the lower classes would not necessarily have *had* other outfits to change into.

Did you notice that the little boys and girls actually have custom sleepwear? Their sleepwear is the inner layer of their garments.

The set has 120 clothing items, and 150 more files to help make your neighborhood complete. Even so, there are things we weren't able to create. Fortunately, we don't have to do it all
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 1:10 PM
these are really great, thanks so much

[COLOR=Navy]
if your not paranoid, than your not paying attention.
Test Subject
#214 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 11:28 PM
Amazing... and Stunning... Any hope of getting some of the male or knights for the Bosey and Marvin's Mesh?
#215 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 9:11 AM Last edited by adisik : 25th Nov 2005 at 9:16 AM.
Wwwwwwooooooowwwww
WOW !!! This project is amazing !!!!
I cant wait to play it....
Test Subject
#216 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 7:54 PM
My Medieval sims all applaude the Magick Modders.
Finnally my medieval neighbourhood is complete!
:D
*downloading*

Potato, Potatah
Instructor
#217 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 3:16 AM
Thank You Thank You Thank You

I Love All The Items

Very Much Appreciated

Great Work
Test Subject
#218 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 6:47 PM
I finally took several hours today to download this fantastic collection! Thanks to all the artists' hard work and for sharing your creations with us!

:blow:
Instructor
#219 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:27 AM
Default Problem
When I try to install the Wizards Academy it is telling me to double click on a contents file! Anyway around this problem?
Test Subject
#220 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 1:06 AM
Wow! Wow wow wow! I am speechless! Thank you very much!

I wish I could paint my delight in people,
The girl who listened to the commercial,
The man whose mother taught him to tuck in his shirt.
Field Researcher
#221 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 8:50 PM
Oh my god!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK!!

I LOVE medieval stuff!!!!!
Instructor
#222 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 9:16 PM
Default Sorted
For some reason it would only install with Sims 2 Clean Installer! Oh well. It is all fantastic!
Field Researcher
#223 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 10:20 PM
Forgive me for posting again... after downloading everything I finally realised how HUGE this Set is... let me kiss your feet!!!! This is simply stunning!!!
Instructor
#224 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 9:45 AM
This is so beautiful! Thank you
Test Subject
#225 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 11:21 PM
Does this work with just sims 2? I've been trying pretty much all day. Which folder do I move the files over to? Thanks a bunch for any and all help.
Page 9 of 24